When it’s time to relocate to a new home, professional moving organizations can be extremely helpful, and are usually able to take most of the bother out of this potentially stressful experience..
What Does This Mean to Me?
Kloke Group moving company is out to make your move easy. Beware of competitors that try to pump as much cash out of you as possible during your move. Some of these organizations will attempt to spring hidden charges on you, or demand payment for unexpected expenses.
Here are a handful of tips to avoid hidden charges and other moving nightmares:
- Get an on-site estimate. Evaluations conducted via telephone or over the Internet can be wildly inaccurate.
- Consult Google to find information about your moving company.
- Be aware that prior to any interstate move, government regulations require your moving organization to supply you with a booklet published by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, which is titled Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.
- Avoid organizations that have no physical location where they conduct business or that cannot provide information about their licenses.
- Ask for a duplicate of your moving organization’s insurance.
- Find out if your moving organization is just an intermediary for another company.
- Make sure you’re involved in the process. Make inquiries. Get everything in writing, and read the document before you sign.